Teacher of Art - Alderbrook School and Arts College
£25714.00 - £36961.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
32.5 Hours per Week
Tel: 0121 704 2146
Headteacher: Tom Beveridge
Teacher of Art
We are keen to appoint a highly motivated, well-qualified and inspirational Art teacher who is, or has the capacity to become, an outstanding teacher.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach up to KS5. Within this role, there is likely to be an opportunity to teach Photography, so applications are welcomed from candidates who have taught, or are willing to teach, this popular option subject.
Alderbrook is acknowledged, both locally and nationally, as a high-performing school. In recent years The SSAT has recognised Alderbrook as being in the top 10% of schools nationally for Value Added Progress and results have remained very strong, particularly in the Core subjects.
Surprisingly however, we pride ourselves in being about so much more than outstanding results. We are a community in every sense of the word.
We are looking for a colleague who:
• is passionate about developing independent, confident learners
• is committed to inclusive education
• can sustain high quality teaching and learning
• demonstrates energy, creativity and commitment
• is willing to actively contribute to all aspects of school life
We are proud to offer:
• interesting, engaging, enthusiastic students who want to learn
• a supportive and inclusive staff and governing body
• a hugely successful, ambitious school - determined to build on the standards we currently achieve
• consistently high GCSE results
• a proven track record in - and full commitment to - the professional development of colleagues
• a well-resourced school with extensive grounds
• a long established record of low staff turnover. What does that tell you?
As part of your application, please share the reasons why your application should be considered and why you wish to work with the students here at Alderbrook.
We will consider both full time and part time applications.
Applications are also available from the school website or from Mrs Anna Whittington at the school by email.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 18th October 2021
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The school is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.
0121 704 2146
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.