Caseworker (two posts)
7 days left
- Caseworker – Full-time (permanent)
- Caseworker – Full-time (maternity cover to 31/12/2022)
Coventry Independent Advice Service offers advice across Coventry and holds the Advice Quality Standard (AQS) for our casework in welfare benefits and debt. Two exciting opportunities have arisen to join our team!
- Salary: Up to £25,943 (depending on skills and experience) plus 5% employer contribution to NEST pension scheme.
- Working hours: Full-time (37 hours per week) – requests for part-time working will be considered.
- Annual leave: 25 days paid holiday plus 4 additional service days over Christmas/New Year and all statutory/public holidays in England.
- Closing date: Thursday 28th October 2021 at 12 noon.
In both roles, you will be part of our advice team delivering a citywide welfare benefits and debt advice service using a mix of telephone, digital and face-to-face advice. You will give advice and undertake casework with individuals and families, becoming a valuable asset within the community.
Face-to-face advice will be offered at outreach venues, working closely with Family Hubs, social supermarkets and other community partners. We now operate a hybrid-working policy which gives flexibility around where and when you can work when tasks do not require a specific physical location.
You will work within the aims, policies, and principles of our service and to Advice Quality Standard (AQS) requirements. You will have full access to support, resources and expert supervision and be part of our friendly advice team.
You will have significant recent experience of advice giving and casework, ideally in an organisation where a commitment to empowerment and high quality is paramount. You will have a good knowledge of EITHER welfare benefits OR debt advice. Ideally, you will have some experience of both, but appropriate training will be provided to help you achieve the required standard in the relevant area.
You will have an awareness of wider social welfare issues, being able to signpost and refer where further help is needed. You will be able to communicate effectively with people from a range of cultures and backgrounds and will have a keen interest in delivering services for communities. You will be client-focused and demonstrate a positive and flexible approach.
Why should I join Coventry Independent Advice Service?
- A competitive salary, 25 days paid holiday plus all pubic holidays and 4 additional service days over Christmas/New Year, and a 5% employer pension contributions.
- Hybrid-working, with options to work from home when not undertaking tasks that require face to face engagement.
- We work as a team and encourage everyone to share ideas and to continue learning, giving you the opportunity to develop personally and professionally in a supportive environment.
- A friendly, open plan, workplace within a building shared with two other local client-focused charities.
- We use AdvicePro and Office365 to enable remote working and are keen to further develop the use of technology to support our service.
- You can be part of our success! Last year, we helped local people to secure over £2.75 million in benefits. As well as the direct impact on individuals and families, we estimate our activity is worth over £6 million to the city each year as our clients mainly spend this money locally.
To apply: please visit our website to download an application pack - https://covadvice.org.uk/vacancies
Please note: closing date is Thursday 28th October (12 noon). Interviews will be held on 2nd and 4th November 2021 (online via Microsoft Teams).