Scale 4, 7-11
Required: November 2021
30 hours per week 7.30am until 9.30am and 2.00pm until 6pm - Full Year
Please note there is also an opportunity to include a Lunchtime Supervisor Role (at Scale 1) from 11.50am to 1.15pm (Monday to Friday, term time only) for interested candidates
We are looking to appoint an efficient, well organised and proactive Site Manager to lead our support team at Harvington. To provide consistently effective caretaking support, ensuring that the security and general appearance of the buildings and grounds are maintained to required standards and that systems operate efficiently.
This is a key role that would suit someone with a meticulous eye for detail, a focused approach to Health & Safety, excellent DIY skills and the ability to undertake routine maintenance and decoration. You must be able to work on your own initiative and be proactive in dealing with day to day tasks. You will need to have the ability to prioritise work, meet deadlines, maintain records and systems and liaise effectively with all contractors.
The role will include:
- Being a nominated key holder and being the first point of contact in an emergency
- Opening and closing of the building on a daily basis and for evening meetings and lettings
- Ensuring all Health & Safety requirements are met including ensuring site safety ie clearing paths
- To attend training as directed by the Headteacher
- Ensuring site security on a daily basis
- General maintenance, decoration and cleaning (when required)
- Liaising and monitoring with contractors
- Ensuring copies of all statutory compliance reports, log books, certificates and documentation are up-to-date and systems are inspected regularly.
- Ordering and storage of cleaning materials
- Ensuring the large school grounds are well maintained
- Be responsible for implementing the school rolling maintenance programme, schedule work, plan and oversee decorating, repairs and maintenance
- To be responsible for managing the cleaning team, grounds maintenance contractors and other contractors
- Provide premises and Health & Safety reports to Governors
- General porterage duties and moving of furniture
- To be an excellent ambassador and communicator for the school with all stakeholders, contractors and visitors
- Highly efficient, energetic and able to work on your own initiative in a school environment
- Excellent communication skills, flexible and adaptable
- Takes pride in the school’s site
- Professional, approachable and proactive
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Able to undertake maintenance roles including basic DIY, painting, gardening and plumbing
- Able to maintain the school grounds to ensure they are attractive and a safe place to learn
- Previous experience of working in a school environment would be welcomed but not essential
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing Date: 9.30am Friday 5th November 2021
Interviews: 9am Friday 12th November 2021