Teaching Assistant Grade 1
32.5 hours per week TTO+TEDS
Start Date- 8th November, 2021 or asap
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant at Heronswood Primary and Pre School, the school is part of The Rivers CofE Academy family of schools.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for enthusiastic, experienced and highly skilled Teaching Assistant to work in either KS1 or KS2 dependant on the candidate’s experience.
You will have:
- Previous experience of working in a KS1 classes/KS2 classes
- Have current knowledge of KS1 Curriculum/KS2 Curriculum
- Good understanding of supporting behaviour in a nurturing environment
- Able to work with children 1:1 as required, including children with additional needs
- Able to work in the whole class environment and use your own initiative
- Excellent emotional intelligence and good interpersonal skills
- Drive and passion and be flexible and creative
- Excellent communication skills and be positive and hard working
- Understanding of how children learn and develop
- Understanding to differing children’s needs
- Understanding of how to nurture and support children
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting teacher and pupils
- Working with pupils on an individual or group basis as required by the class teacher.
- Assisting in offsite visits
- Aiding pupils with special needs to access all subjects of the national curriculum and encourage their independence as learners
- Motivating and encouraging pupils to behave well in and around school
- Meeting the physical and/ or hygiene needs of pupils as required
- Supporting children at lunchtime
Closing date – Thursday 21st October, 2021 at 12.00pm
Interview Date – Wednesday 3rd November, 2021 (am)
Please note if you have not been contacted by Friday 22nd October, 2021 then you have not been successfully shortlisted on this occasion.