Learning Support Assistant
St. Bernadette's is a Catholic Primary School offering full–time education for Reception to Year 6 (4-11 year olds) and we are part of the St. John Bosco Catholic Multi-Academy Company (MAC).
Situated less than a mile from Brownhills High Street in a pleasant location, with attractive grounds. The school comes under the authority of the Catholic Archdiocese of Birmingham and Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council/Walsall Children’s Services.
Hours: 30 per week, term time only
Salary: Grade 3
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work one to one and with an SEN child for 30 hours per week.
The position is on a Fixed Term Contract to July 2022 or such a time that the position is no longer required.
The successful applicant will have the minimum of, or be working towards, a suitable childcare level 2 qualification.
Other skills or experience should include:
- Experience in Child Care or as a Classroom Assistant in a school setting
- Understanding of areas of learning e.g. literacy, numeracy, SEN.
- Work constructively as part of a team whilst being able to demonstrate initiative.
- Good communication skills
- Well Organised.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate pupil performance.
- Able to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Able to form & maintain appropriate professional relationships and boundaries with children & parents.
Further details and application forms are available from the school office or the school website at www.stbernadette.walsall.sch.uk
Closing date: 21st October 2021
- A Christian who is sympathetic to the Catholic ethos of the school.
- Willing to learn and understand the distinctive nature of the Catholic school and Catholic education
- Willingness to support the pupil in Masses and Assemblies
- NVQ 2 or recognised equivalent qualification
- Good numeracy/literacy skills, equivalent to GSCE C and above.
St. Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all its staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
All correspondence should be returned to:
Mrs. S. Moran
St. Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School,
Narrow Lane, Brownhills, Walsall, WS8 6HX
Telephone 01543 452921.
Electronic application forms should be returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/