Electoral Assistant - Ref: RT11421
4 days left
Electoral Assistant, Electoral Services - Ref: RT11421
G3 SCP 4-6: £18,933 - £19,698 per annum (pro rata)
Permanent, Part-time (4 days per week)
This is an exciting opportunity for you to build your career in Elections and Electoral Registration. You will join a small team who are responsible for compiling the electoral register and running local and national elections. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills and study for the Association of Electoral Administrators Certificate in Electoral Administration. You will be working with a highly motivated, small close-knit team.
All candidates should have excellent IT skills, good attention to detail and possess the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
There are excellent opportunities for the successful candidates to develop their careers within the council.
Walsall is a great place to work, with much to offer and extensive regeneration including development of the Walsall Waterfront offering new residential accommodation, hotels and leisure facilities and is seeing ongoing investment in its town centre and retail provision. As an employer we provide an attractive employment package that includes:
- A generous annual leave entitlement offering a minimum 24 days leave per year (for this post) plus 9 concessionary days and in addition to a flexible working scheme that allows up to a further 12 days leave per year
- Access to an award winning pension scheme
- Recent development of the working environment which has created a modern professional space in which to work with improved technology that allows agile working
- Promotion of training and development opportunities to all our employees to help them progress and gain new skills
- A genuine commitment to equality of opportunity for our staff and customers – we aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities we serve
We advertise vacancies because we want the best talent available. If that's you, we're waiting for your application.
Should you have any queries or questions about the roles, please contact:
Susan Wright – Electoral Services Manager
Tel: 07432 460966
or email email@example.com
Closing date: 24 October 2021
Interview date: W/C 1 November 2021