Business Manager (Portland School & Specialist College)
The Governing Body of Portland School are seeking a School Business Manger to work within their happy and caring School. The school caters for children and young people who experience Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties from Year 1 to Year 11. The school is a split site provision; the secondary students based at Blythe Bridge and the Primary pupils based at Trent Vale. It is our aim to create a nurturing environment that is safe, stimulating and inclusive. You will be working as part of the school’s leadership team working to ensure pupils have the very best learning experience.
As the School Business Manager, you will to work alongside the Headteacher, the Leadership team and school governors. You main primary role will be to ensure that the school budget and resources including staffing are well directed to ensure the best possible outcomes for our children and young people.
Other key elements of this job are Budget and finance, data protection, premises and health and safety.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed within this role some of the key success factors include:
- Proven experience in finance including in the development, management and operation of financial management systems.
- Understanding of GDPR and the role of the DPO in schools.
- Staff management skills
- Ability to formulate ideas and solutions and present them effectively to the Headteacher/ Governing Body and possess high-level decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ICT skills in MS Office, internet, email and financial management packages
Application forms are available on our website:
Tel. 01782 882020 option 1
Closing date: 1 November 2021