Class Teacher - SEN
Class Teacher - SEN
MPR/UPR + 1 SEN Allowance
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Forward Education Trust
Lea Hall Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 566 6690
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join Lea Hall Academy, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. Lea Hall is a special school for up to 90 boys between the ages of 5 and 13 with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. Some of the children also have diagnoses of ASD and ADHD.
All of our pupils have an Education Health and Care Plan which indicates the key target areas of child development.
Teachers are supported by experienced teaching assistants to ensure that our children make expected progress against those targets.
The successful candidate will:
• be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential
• have some experience of supporting and teaching pupils with SEMH needs
• be able to work collaboratively with support staff and senior leaders in order to plan and deliver high quality educational provision for our young people
• be empathetic to the complex needs of our pupils and also resilient to challenge understanding that at times our pupils can display challenging behaviours which are a result of their special needs.
We can offer you:
• a commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• the opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
• a dedicated leadership team committed to supporting our staff
You will offer us:
• a Teacher who is motivated and enthusiastic who has experience of working with children with special needs
• your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning
• your flexibility, commitment, and excellent interpersonal skills
Closing Date: 17 October 2021, 23:59pm
To apply, please visit our website
Please note that only Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted via our online portal; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.