Reception Class Teacher
3 days left
Reception Class Teacher
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed term to cover maternity from 4 January 2022 until 31 August 2022
Bournville Village Primary School
Telephone Number: 0121 675 9098
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 4 January 2022
Bournville Village Primary School is a happy, vibrant, forward thinking 3 form entry primary school in South Birmingham.
We are currently looking for a Reception class teacher to join our friendly, inclusive and supportive team, to cover a maternity leave.
We are looking to appoint a teacher who:
• has recent EYFS class teaching experience
• recognises the importance of providing a safe and supportive learning environment
• has high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
• has excellent communication skills and enjoys working as part of a team
• is flexible, creative and committed to developing their expertise as a teacher
• is committed to the wider life of the school and working with parents and the wider community
• happy, well-mannered children who love coming to school
• a positive, highly supportive working environment
• excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors, and the local community
• tailored, supportive high-quality professional development
• support in achieving a work life balance
• children, staff and governors who follow our school values of Respect, Challenge, Collaboration, Integrity, Responsibility and Compassion
Closing Date: 19 October 2021, 9am
Please visit the school website and Twitter@BnvilleVillage to learn more about our school.
Informal discussions prior to applying are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should be emailed to: email@example.com no later than the closing date.
It is intended that interviews will take place on 21 and 22 October 2021.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.