Second in Science
Our motivation is that every child can achieve their targets with the right support. If you are dedicated to raising standards and want to make a difference we would love to hear from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join our Science faculty at one of the highest achieving schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire. We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspiring and excellent practitioner to join us from January 2022. We are seeking someone with a commitment to excellence to ideally take a leading role in the department.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a passion for teaching and learning;
- Be able to teach Biology, Chemistry or Physics up to GCSE Level;
- Have a record of consistently delivering strong GCSE results across a range of ability levels;
- Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students and staff;
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Deliver a curriculum that inspires and engages students and provides an aspirational and challenging learning experience.
- Be a committed, highly competent, energised, reflective and resilient individual.
- Possess the skills and determination to make a profound difference to the lives of our students by sharing our belief in the highest standards of academic achievement in an inclusive setting
We pride ourselves on:
- Our recent OFSTED inspection upgrade to ‘good’ (April 2019). Key findings include:
“Staff morale is high and relationships at all levels are very good”.
“The behaviour of pupils is good”.
“The curriculum is appropriate and interesting and pupils receive high quality support and guidance”.
- Being an oversubscribed and popular school, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
- Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success.
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust. This facilitates an opportunity to play to your strengths and provide excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and the chance to develop professionally. The Trust is committed to invest in and develop all staff and, most importantly, bring about the best possible outcomes for our students who deserve the very best. Our Trust values are really important to all of us and include Respect to All, From All, Innovation and Collaboration.
- Our strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition. We can offer you a range of benefits which include cycle to work, free parking, an employee discount scheme, a laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
This could be a full time or part time position, and starts in January 2022. The salary is TMS/UPS plus opportunity for a suitable candidate for a leadership allowance of up to TLR2.2 (£4,807) to lead as Second in Science.
Application forms available direct from the school, from the Trust website http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/or from HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk.
Visits and applications: Martin Clarke, Headteacher, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the opportunity, please email Helen Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org to book onto a visit.
Application deadline: 12:00pm on Monday 18 October 2021
Interview Date: Wednesday 20 October 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
These posts are exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to these posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.