Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant Level 2 (KS2) - 27.5 hours a week
Mesty Croft Primary wish to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant (KS2) who is passionate about working with pupils with additional needs in our nurturing and highly supportive school.
We would like you to be:
- Highly motivated and inclusive
- An excellent team player who has high expectations of themselves and others and is passionate about encouraging and stimulating children to achieve success.
- Committed to working in partnership with colleagues and parents
We would like you to:
- be qualified to a Level 2 or above.
- have experience of working with a child or children with Complex Communication and/or Behavioural Difficulties
- possess good communication skills
- be committed to working in a multi-agency approach involving the family, SENCo and external agencies such as Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology and Outreach Support
- be able to manage anxieties and recognise emotions
- have an understanding of sensory and attachment needs
- have knowledge of speech and language development
- have experience of using Makaton, PECS and Aided Language Display to support communication
- be able to establish firm boundaries and clear expectations to manage behaviour positively
- have a qualification or willingness to train in Positive Handling/Team Teach techniques
- be able to manage consistent routines through an individual, tailored timetable and supporting transition times
- have good literacy and numeracy skills
- have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to working
- be resilience and have a good sense of humour
- be able to keep up with the physical demands of this role
We can offer:
- Amazing children who love to learn
- An opportunity to make a difference
- A supportive and collaborative team
- Continuing Professional Development
- A well-resourced school and learning environment
- A hard working, supportive and collaborative staff team
Additional Information & How to Apply
This is an important position in our school and we would love to meet you before you apply: please contact us to make an appointment to visit our school. We recognise that all visits will be undertaken with social distancing and following the government guidance for schools.
Please contact Mrs Joanne Rana by telephone on 0121 556 0854 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com or post to the school address below:
Mesty Croft Primary
St. Luke’s Road
Start date: ASAP
CVs will not be accepted.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
Mesty Croft Primary is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is everyone’s responsibility. The post holder will be expected to contribute to safeguarding in accordance with the agreed policy. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Grade B (£18,198 to £18,933) Pro-rata
Hours of Work: 27.5 term-time only (8.50am until 3.10pm, Monday to Friday)
Closing Date: 29 October 2021 at 12pm