1 day left
£18,562 pro rata
Hours per week: 36.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Gossey Lane Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 464 2909
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust are looking to appoint a welcoming, professional, hardworking, flexible and committed team member to join our Gossey Lane Academy as a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to provide reception, administration and secretarial support for our busy school office. The position is to start as soon as possible from 1 November 2021.
Gossey Lane Academy wish to appoint somebody who:
• can communicate effectively with parents, pupils, visitors and staff
• is able to remain calm and positive under pressure
• can work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
• is a good communicator and is reliable
• can use initiative to support the Head of Academy, Senior Leadership Team and Academy
• a working knowledge of SIMS is an advantage, but not essential as training will be available
We will offer you:
• a happy and caring ethos – yes, we do believe in a work like balance!
• a supportive Head of Academy
• a range of employee benefits including wellbeing support, mobile phone insurance, discounted lifestyle benefits such as cinema tickets
• opportunities for your own continued professional development, both internally and through collaborative working across the Trust
• access to generous pension scheme (LGPS), annual leave and sick pay
• access to Cycle to Work Scheme & contribution to annual eye tests and glasses for Display Screen Users
• free parking and access to CPD/Apprenticeships funded via the Apprenticeship Levy
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 22 October 2021, 9am
To apply, please visit our website
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.