Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Level 3 Teaching Assistant
£20,903 to £27,041 pro rata
Hours per week: 32.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Tile Cross Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 803 2900
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: January 2022
Are you looking for a new role where you are able to make a difference?
Tile Cross Academy is a small and caring 11 to 16 mixed comprehensive school that was created on 1 May 2017 and is part of Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust and are proud winners of ‘School of the Year’ 2020.
We are part of Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust, welcoming students from 11 years old to 16 years old, providing a standard of academic excellence for secondary and education. We are very proud of the positive learning experience offered to our students and the support available to ensure they achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
• will have a sound knowledge of child development, the curriculum and supporting children with special needs
• has experience of working in a school environment and has experience of working with students in KS3
• is a qualified Practitioner with qualifications such as NVQ Level 3
• has proven skills that will contribute to classroom practise
• is a reflective and flexible practitioner
• is committed to developing personalised learning
• will contribute to the development of the school and the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust in raising standards
We can offer you:
• welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn
• a school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability
• on-site parking
• a creative and innovative approach to all aspects of school life
• motivated, vibrant, multi-ethnic students and staff
• a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
• are part of the WHA Trust that provides numerous professional development opportunities
• to be a part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy trust that provides a full suite of
benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme,
access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 1 November 2021, 9am
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Jo Mawby, Line Manager for inclusion at: email@example.com
To apply, please visit our website
NB CVs will not be accepted
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.