SENDCO and Safeguarding Lead
1 day left
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Hawkesley Church Primary Academy
376 Shannon Road
Telephone Number: 0121 459 6467
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: January 2022
The Governors of Hawkesley Church Primary Academy are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to our exciting and vibrant school. Applications are welcome from all teachers other than Newly Qualified Teachers. The successful candidate will be an exemplary classroom teacher who is highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic, who is motivated to share in the leadership and management of our school.
Applicants will need to demonstrate recent experience of leading teaching and learning, whilst successfully impacting upon standards of education.
The successful applicant is:
• competent in delivering high quality lessons which model consistently good/outstanding teaching
• able to support and develop other practitioners in order for them to meet the needs of all the pupils that they serve
• contributes to the development, organisation and implementation of school policies on curriculum, teaching and learning and assessment
• has the ability to initiate and lead change
• able to become a proactive member of the senior leadership team: bringing enthusiasm,
imagination and commitment to Hawkesley Church Primary Academy
We can offer you:
• a caring ethos where everyone, at all levels, is valued, supported and developed
• a happy, vibrant learning and working environment.
• well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn.
• highly effective, hardworking and adventurous staff.
• supportive Governors and parents.
• excellent support from Birmingham Diocesan Multi Academy Trust.
• excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
Hawkesley Church Primary Academy is a one form entry primary school, which includes a 0.6 Nursery provision. We are a Church of England Primary school which welcomes children and staff from all faith backgrounds and none. We are a happy and supportive team offering excellent professional development opportunities for the successful candidate.
Closing Date: 18 October 2021, 12 midday
Further information with regards to the school can be found on our website
Alternatively, prospective applicants can request a form from: email@example.com
Please note we do not accept CVs. Completed application forms should be delivered to the school office or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.