Salary: Scale 1
Contract: 29 hours over 4 days, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Term Time Only and Permanent (will include TE Days)
Required as soon as possible
A rare opportunity has become available to secure a post in one of the country’s best middle schools. The Governing Body wishes to appoint a Receptionist on a term time only contract 29 hours over 4 days on a permanent basis to include TE Days.
We are an oversubscribed, very popular school, and our school community is committed to excellence. Our pupils are motivated to learn and their behaviour is outstanding. In June 2014, Ofsted rated the school as ‘Outstanding’ with ‘Outstanding’ grades awarded for all areas. In February 2015, the National College of Teaching and Leadership designated the school as a National Support School.
We are looking for a Receptionist with enthusiasm and a passion for learning who will:
- Support the administrative function of the school undertaking reception duties, answering telephone calls and dealing with face-to-face enquiries. General office duties will include photocopying, signing in visitors, assisting with pupils and liaising with parents/carers and staff. Training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Be enthusiastic, have effective customer service skills, a good sense of humour and be able to work well under pressure.
- Have flexible skills, a good telephone manner and the ability to deal professionally with parents/carers, pupils, staff and visitors.
- Possess computer skills (knowledge of Word & Excel is essential), excellent communication skills, have the ability to work as part of a team and willingness to undertake training.
- Be a ‘people person’ demonstrating exceptional inter-personal skills
- Be committed to safeguarding all children
- Possess excellent organisational skills
- Motivate to inspire others in the pursuit of excellence
- Promote inclusion as the heart of school improvement
If you are interested in working in an exciting, forward thinking, and ‘Outstanding’ National Support School, with a real focus on ‘learning’ and professional development, then we would like to hear from you.
In return we offer you:
- Very talented and supportive staff team
- Exceptionally supportive Governing Body
- Highly effective opportunities for CPD and career progression
- An opportunity to work in an ‘Outstanding’ school, designated by the NCTL as a National Support School
- An opportunity to work in a school that is part of an outstanding and secure pyramid of schools, working exceptionally closely with outstanding feeder first schools, South Bromsgrove High School which is an outstanding Teaching School and the Bromsgrove Middle Schools Learning Partnership.
- Transport links in this area are excellent
Applications must be on official Worcestershire County Council job application forms obtained through the school. CV’s will not be accepted. Further details and application forms are available from Mrs H Hines, School Secretary. Visitors to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Mrs Hines to make an appointment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting safeguarding and the welfare of children. There is an expectation that all staff are committed to the promotion of fundamental British values. The post is subject to a DBS and qualification check.
Aston Fields Middle School, Drummond Road, Bromsgrove. B60 2ET
Telephone: 01527 876026
Headteacher: Mr S P Cox
Closing Date: Monday 1st November 2021 9am
Interview Date: Tuesday 16th November 2021