Cover Supervisor/Teaching Assistant
Cover Supervisor TA3 12 hours per week
Teaching Assistant TA1 14 hours per week
Required from 1st January 2022
Contract: Part-time and Permanent to include TE Days
A rare opportunity has become available to secure a support post in one of the country’s best middle schools. The Governing Body wishes to appoint a Cover Supervisor/Teaching Assistant on a full time and permanent basis.
We are an oversubscribed, very popular school, and our school community is committed to excellence. Our pupils are motivated to learn and their behaviour is outstanding. In June 2014, Ofsted rated the school as ‘Outstanding’ with ‘Outstanding’ grades awarded for all areas. In February 2015, the National College of Teaching and Leadership designated the school as a National Support School.
We are looking for a Cover Supervisor/Teaching Assistant with enthusiasm and a passion for learning who will:
- Demonstrate a desire to provide flexible and effective support in the classroom and assist with administrative and teaching support duties. Training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Be a ‘people person’ demonstrating exceptional inter-personal skills.
- Be committed to safeguarding all children.
- Possess excellent organisational skills.
- Motivate to inspire others in the pursuit of excellence.
- Promote inclusion as the heart of school improvement.
If you are interested in working in an exciting, forward thinking, and ‘Outstanding’ National Support School, with a real focus on ‘learning’ and professional development, then we would like to hear from you.
In return we offer you:
- Very talented and supportive staff team.
- Exceptionally supportive Governing Body.
- Highly effective opportunities for CPD and career progression.
- An opportunity to work in an ‘Outstanding’ school, designated by the NCTL as a National Support School.
- An opportunity to work in a school that is part of an outstanding and secure pyramid of schools, working exceptionally closely with outstanding feeder first schools, South Bromsgrove High School which is an outstanding Teaching School and the Bromsgrove Middle Schools Learning Partnership. Transport links in this area are excellent.
Applications must be on official Worcestershire County Council job application forms obtained through the school. CV’s will not be accepted. Further details and application forms are available from Mrs H Hines, School Secretary. Visitors to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Mrs Hines to make an appointment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to promoting safeguarding and the welfare of children. There is an expectation that all staff are committed to the promotion of fundamental British values. The post is subject to a DBS and qualification check.
Aston Fields Middle School, Drummond Road, Bromsgrove. B60 2ET
Telephone: 01527 876026
Fax: 01527 574798
Headteacher: Mr S P Cox
Closing Date: 1st November 2021, 9am
Interview Date: 16th November 2021