Pastoral Support Administrator - Barr's Hill School and Community College
3 days left
37 hours per week term time only plus 1 week (39 weeks)
Are you looking to join a transformational team who are passionate about providing an outstanding experience for all our students? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Hub teams to support our learners to achieve personal and academic success. We are looking for an outstanding, committed and motivated candidate to take their first step on a career working in schools. This post is an excellent opportunity to open up long term progression to become a Pastoral Co-ordinator or Pastoral Leader in the future. It would suit someone with an administrative background and exceptional interpersonal skills, but who is interested in more and wants to make a difference in the world.
Utilising your excellent communication, interpersonal and organisation skills you will provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Hub Teams, including internal and external telephone calls, visitors and correspondence, dealing with enquiries and liaising with colleagues, parents, students and external organisations. You will also support students in ensuring any barriers to learning they face are overcome.
Barr’s Hill, part of The Futures Trust, is an 11-18 inner city school in the heart of Coventry. Our diverse student population is one of the many strengths of the school. At Barr’s Hill School everything we do is focused on students and learning. Our academic results are some of the strongest in the West Midlands, Ofsted judged us ‘Good’ in all areas in 2018 but we are restless and want the best for our students. We are looking for highly motivated colleagues to take us to the next stage and be part of the ongoing rapid improvement of all that we do. This is therefore a unique opportunity to work on school improvement focused on learning. We believe that we can transform the life chances of our young people… Building Brighter Futures.
The Futures Trust is passionate about building brighter futures for the young people who attend its schools, and is a rapidly growing and successful Multi Academy Trust driven by a set of compelling values:
1. Students First – students, staff, leaders, governors and trustees totally focused upon the educational benefit of our students within a safe and supportive environment
2. It’s about learning – students, staff, leaders, governors and trustees totally focused upon developing and improving learning underpinned by harmonious and trusting relationships
3. No Barriers – no excuses, only support to ensure students, staff, leaders, governors and trustees maximise the academic achievement of students whilst enabling them to develop and flourish as well-rounded individuals
The successful candidate will be an energetic hard-working individual with an ability to motivate and inspire young people and staff around them. We are committed to the continuing professional development of all our staff. This is an exciting time to join Barr’s Hill School and the Futures Trust; The school is on a rapid improvement journey and intends to be the best, the journey is based on clear values and a vision for exceptional learning. A tenacious and innovative candidate will thrive in this environment and will be offered plentiful opportunity for further progression and to effect real change to make a difference to students and the school. The school fully funds further professional development courses for colleague and offers a range of high-quality in-house development programmes and opportunities.
Experience of working in an education context is preferred but is definitely not essential.
Applications on a part time basis are welcome.
Employees of the Trust have access to:
• Supported professional development
• The Local Government Pension Scheme
• Occupational Health Services
Closing date: midday Thursday 28th October 2021
Interview date to be confirmed.
Please be aware that we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the published closing date.
Please note that all applications must be received on an application form. We do not accept CV’s.
Please see below an application pack available to download. Applications should be returned to email@example.com or to the school address marked for the attention of Suki Garchay, HR Manager.
Barr’s Hill School and The Futures Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and require all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidates for all positions will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Application Form This will open in a new window
- Job Description This will open in a new window
- Person Specification This will open in a new window
- Child Protction and Safeguarding Policy This will open in a new window
- Safer Recruitment Policy This will open in a new window
- Suitability Policy This will open in a new window