Assistant Site Manager - Yew Tree Primary School
Holidays to be taken out of term time and hours to be discussed at interview.
Do you want to join a fantastic team? Following the resignation of our highly valued Assistant Site Manager, we are looking to appoint somebody to join the Yew Tree Family. The appointed person will work closely with the Site Manager to oversee the cleaning, health & safety and building development of the school and its site. The role involves managing a team of staff and ensuring high standards of cleaning and maintenance at all times. Due to the significant development of the site, the role also includes some responsibilities for grounds maintenance and site management within our farm and allotments.
The appointed candidate will need to be able to demonstrate commitment to make a positive contribution to our school. We have an expectation that all staff work to a high standard and have a conscientious approach to their work. The appointed candidate must work effectively as part of a team but also demonstrate the ability to use their own initiative.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lock and unlock the school and carry out security checks on the building
- Carry out and record site checks and help maintain Health and Safety records
- Supporting the maintenance of property and grounds including liaising with contractors
- Monitor site stock and order supplies
- Experience of DIY and ability to carry out minor repairs, general maintenance and decorating competently
- Willingness to attend training courses including Health and Safety
- Undertake cleaning duties whilst managing the team of school cleaners
- Monitor energy usage and provide reports and recommendations to the Green Committee, School Business Manager and Governors
- Working with colleagues to maintain the school’s Green Flag Eco Status
This is an extremely exciting time to join Yew Tree as we have recently moved in to a brand new £7m building and our now making our house a home. Our head teacher took up his position in January 2020 and is looking to build a team of people who passionately believe in our five core values (responsibility, respect, courage, ambition & pride) and our vision of ‘Learning Without Limits’ for all of our children.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- A supportive environment in which relationships are nurtured.
- A dedicated, friendly and passionate staff.
- A commitment to continued professional development & training.
- A commitment to high standards and continual improvement.
- Modern facilities and extensive grounds to inspire learning
Yew Tree Primary School complies with all aspects of the Equality Act and there is an expectation of all staff to also show support the protected characteristics. Any posts are subject to approval of two references and subject to any necessary safeguarding checks.
We are only able to offer in-person tours to candidates who are shortlisted. However, candidates are invited to view our website, Twitter feed and the virtual tour of our school which is available at: https://aperture360.s3.amazonaws.com/tours/Yewtree/index.htm
We would also be happy to arrange a phone conversation with a member of the Senior Leadership Team if candidates have any questions. This can be arranged by contacting the school.
Closing date: Monday 1st November 2021– 9.00am
Interviews: Monday 8th November
For more information on the role please refer to the Job Description and Employee Specification or contact our Business Manager, Abeda Begum. All applications are returnable to email@example.com.
37 hours, 52 weeks
Band C SCP 5 – 8 £19,312 – £20,493 per annum
Yew Tree Primary School, Birchfield Way, Yew Tree Estate, Walsall WS5 4DX
Monday 1st November 2021– 9.00am