Deputy Headteacher - Springcroft Primary School
Deputy Headteacher, with class responsibility
Pay: Leadership Pay Range (Group 2) L5-L9 (£47,313 - £52,227)
Required for Monday 25th April 2022 (Would or as near to that date as possible)
The Headteacher and Governors at Springcroft Primary School are seeking to appoint a dedicated, inspirational, committed and dynamic Deputy Headteacher who shares our values and has the right vision and ethos to help lead our happy, high achieving and oversubscribed primary school.
We are looking for a leader who:
- is fully aligned to the Springcroft ethos and values, where we put the learning experience of the child at the centre of our work.
- has high quality leadership skills which have been instrumental in raising aspirations, expectations and standards for all children and staff.
- has an excellent record of classroom practice, where children have thrived, and is an innovative leader.
- can contribute at a strategic level to shaping the future direction of the school
- Understands the impact school leadership and improvement has on children’s learning and seeks continuous improvement.
- can think strategically and generate new ideas to enrich children’s learning.
- is able to empower and motivate children, staff, Governors and parents at Springcroft.
- has vision and the ability to turn vision into reality.
- is dedicated to further enriching the well-being of our children, staff and the wider community Springcroft serves.
- can retain positivity and show resilience during challenging times.
- likes working in a team where people take care of each other.
- likes working in a team where we give honest feedback and receive honest feedback.
- is calm, radiates good humour and has common sense.
- can provide effective support to the Headteacher
The successful candidate will join a devoted and energetic leadership team who are committed to attaining the highest educational experience for their children, staff, parents and Governors.
Applications are encouraged from candidates whose values and ambitions align with the culture and ethos of Springcroft, and candidates are encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement.
- A letter of application (maximum two sides of A4), detailing your passions, professional achievements, examples of strategy and execution, and your aspirations.
- A completed job application form which should include the name, address and email address of two referees.
- A completed recruitment monitoring form.
- A completed pre-employment health assessment questionnaire.
Upon successful shortlisting, candidates will be asked to complete a leadership questionnaire, and a copy of our School Improvement Plan and performance information will be shared in preparation for interview.
Closing date: - Friday 10th December 2021 at 4.00pm
Short listing: Monday 13th December 2021
Lesson Observations: Monday 10th January 2022 -Thursday 13th January 2022
Interview date: Friday 14th January 2022
Springcroft Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expect all employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/