Job Number: PV21-05
Employer: Penk Valley Academy Trust
Start Date: October 2021
Salary: Grade 5, (£19,698.00 - £20,903.00)
Application Closed Date: Friday 29th October 2021 (noon)
Contract: Permanent, full time (including school holidays)
Hours: 37 per week
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Technician to join our growing Academy Trust within South Staffordshire. Using your initiative and flexible approach you will help support over 2000 students and 350 staff members across our 7 schools.
Your working week will be split between your dedicated base of Wolgarston High School, Penkridge and supporting visits to the remaining schools as required and arranged with line management.
On a day to day level you will be involved in providing an outstanding level of IT support and IT project related activities to staff and students within our trust.
Duties will include
- Logging support calls
- Responding to logged tickets
- Investigation, resolution or escalation of issues within SLA.
- Administration of the asset register
- Ensuring that staff and students have access to the data and resources they need.
- Deployment and maintenance of PCs, Laptops, Tablets and other equipment such as scanners, printers, interactive wallboards and projectors,
- Scheduled hardware testing.
- Administration of user accounts within Active Directory and other systems,
- Software and system upgrades and monitoring of services.
- Help desk experience
- Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge and experience of Active Directory
- Hardware Maintenance
- Educational IT support experience
Being part of Penk Valley Academy Trust:
Penk Valley Academy Trust is the local academy trust for the following schools Marshbrook First School, Princefield First School, St John’s First School, St Mary& St Chad CE First School, Penkridge Middle School, Wolgarston High School and The Rural Enterprise Academy. The Trust’s vision is to take collective responsibility for ensuring that every child and young person in our Trust receives an excellent education, achieves high outcomes and realises their potential. All members of staff work incredibly hard to provide the very best education for every child in our care.
- Minimum of 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- Membership of the local government pension scheme
- Support programme through Schools Choice.
- A comprehensive CPD Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19:
Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Penk Valley Academy Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. This is for all senior, teaching and support staff appointments. Applications will still be reviewed, and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interview activities may vary. We will still aim to conduct face to face interviews where possible. Candidates will be given the option to interview via online video if you cannot attend in person, this can be discussed if your application is shortlisted. We will always adhere to Government advise.
To find out more regarding the Academy Trust please visit www.penkvalley.co.uk
Completed application forms should be returned to HR@penkvalley.co.uk via email
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment”
We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.