Senior Future Mobility Developer
Transport for West Midlands is leading the UK in Innovative Future Transport and is committed to making the West Midlands a healthy and prosperous place to live. Our Policy, Strategy and Innovation directorate, incorporating transport planning, research and data services, shapes future transport in the West Midlands. The team is working on several multi-million pound projects. We run the future mobility zone in the West Midlands. We’re working with West Midlands 5G to make transport more efficient and reliable and improve the passenger experience. We’re helping developers to test technology for autonomous vehicles and we’re installing new infrastructure around Coventry, Solihull and Birmingham to do this.
We’re all about working on projects to benefit the West Midlands region and work alongside other directorates to deliver market research used to analyse current and future trends. This is an excellent opportunity to make a positive difference to peoples’ lifestyles through the way they travel. If you’re searching for a unique experience where you can make a difference, dynamically collaborating within a creative, diverse and lively environment, using the latest thinking in transport technology, this is the job for you.
As the Senior Future Mobility Developer, your focus will be on a range of future transport initiatives such as 5G enabled transport solutions, connected and autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles and alternative fuels, sustainable and micro mobility and a range of other exciting projects.
We are looking for someone who will be able to proactively engage and deliver emerging technology, systems and services, driving the West Midlands future mobility agenda whilst working alongside internal and external stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a wide range of existing and new transport innovation initiatives covering, 5G transport solutions, connected and autonomous vehicle testbed, trial and real-world implementations, electric vehicles and alternative fuels, and sustainable and micro mobility for TfWM and the wider WMCA
- Manage and deliver within an agreed Future Transport programme for WMCA and its partners to deliver and then maintain the new service offerings
- Ensure any products or services produced are customer focused and support behaviour change away from private single occupancy cars encourage more sustainable transport behaviours
- Build and maintain partnerships with a network of partners, suppliers and stakeholders to maximise benefits and opportunities for the West Midlands to support the delivery of projects
- Transition new transport services and solutions into mainstream business as usual within TfWM
As the Senior Future Mobility Developer, you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Have some knowledge or experience of CAV (connected and automated vehicles) industry standards, electric vehicle charging, ultra-low emission transport or sustainable/micro mobility projects
- Have experience of delivering systems and services
- The ability to maintain an understanding of key stakeholders in the industry market
Our role in the West Midlands has never been more important and in these extraordinary times we’ve shown we can step forward, speak up for our region and bring people together. Everything we do is focused on making life better for people in the West Midlands – that’s our reason for being here and it drives every move we make. We lead and support others to deliver our shared future vision for the region – a happier, healthier, better connected place to live and work.
We fully believe that we are only as great as the people who work for us and are committed to providing a positive, healthy and inclusive working environment where our people feel valued and respected. We’re ambitious, forward thinking and determined to find better ways of working, always leading the way in what we do. We trust and support each other to get the job done, and encourage creativity, originality and curiosity from those who work with us.
We’re committed to creating an accessible and diverse workplace, one that nurtures an inclusive environment where our people can be themselves. We are a “Leaders in Diversity” accredited organisation, are in the Inclusive Top 50 Employers List and are one of The Times Top 50 Employers for Women. As a Disability Confident Employer, we have made a positive commitment to interviewing all applicants with a disability who meet the essential role criteria. We are committed to developing an organisation that is representative of the diverse communities that we serve and welcome applications from young people, Black, Asian and ethnic minority groups and women at senior levels.
We’re dedicated to providing a broad range of rewards and benefits and constantly benchmark our benefits packages to ensure they are attractive for all our people. As well as a competitive salary, employees also receive 27 days annual leave (plus public holidays) and access to a great pension scheme.
If your values align with ours and you’re committed to working towards creating a future we can all be proud of, we want to hear from you.
About your application
The online application form you'll be asked to complete plays a key part in our recruitment and selection process. We use the information you provide to decide whether to invite you for an interview. It is important that you complete the application form as fully and accurately as possible, ensuring that you give specific examples which demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria for the role for which you are applying.
If you would like to discuss alternative methods to the online application as a reasonable adjustment please contact the Resourcing Team by email (email@example.com).
Role Profile - Senior Future Mobility Developer.docx