1:1 Teaching Assistant
3 days left
SPECIALIST 1:1 TEACHING ASSISTANT (TA 2)
- 1:1 support for a child with visual and hearing impairments
- Full time – 27.50 hours per week
- Start Date – As soon as possible
The Governing Body and Headteacher at Pitmaston Primary School are looking to appoint a caring, committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to support a child with complex additional needs in KS1.
Ideally we are seeking to employ an experienced teaching assistant who has previously worked with pupils with visual and hearing impairments, with a variety of communication means experience and a form of sign language. An understanding of the KS1 curriculum would be an advantage.
You will be responsible for supporting learning and progress, following guidance from staff and external agencies. You will deliver focused provision to specifically meet the needs of the child and will work alongside existing staff. During your day, you may provide some support for other children in the class with additional needs under the guidance of the class teacher.
As an Outstanding large primary school you will be joining a strong team of staff where you will be supported with the help of a mentor and ongoing CPD. You will need to be proactive in your approach, kind and caring and work well as part of a team. We are a THRIVE based school and this ethos runs throughout our school where children and adults respect each other. You will need to be calm and patient, yet consistent and clear in your communication both with the child and with parents.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting a child with their learning experiences, meeting their individual needs.
- Delivering focused provision and support to enhance and extend the child’s learning and progress under the guidance of external agencies and the class teacher.
- Supporting the child to meet their personal targets on their Individual Provision Map (IPM).
- Personalising resources to ensure that they are accessible to the child you are working with.
- Ensuring that you are clear about intended learning outcomes and how these may be achieved.
- Supporting the child to ensure that they have access to a range of learning opportunities.
- Supporting the child to develop an understanding of routines and expectations within the class.
- Building a strong relationship with the child and parents and engaging them in activities that increase their self-esteem, social skills and understanding of emotions.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent practitioner;
- be hardworking, flexible and reliable;
- have previous experience working with children with additional needs and/or pupils with visual or hearing impairments in a primary school;
- have knowledge and understanding of the primary curriculum, particularly KS1;
- be a good communicator with at least grade C GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths;
- be confident in using IT to support the child’s communication needs and personalised learning;
- be willing to provide assistance to the class teacher as well as being part of the whole school team;
- be willing to help ensure that all children receive rich and stimulating experiences which meet their individual needs.
In return we will offer:
• A warm, caring, supportive and positive working environment.
• Friendly and well-motivated children.
• Excellent relationships with parents and other stakeholders.
• A very attractive school environment with excellent resources.
• Opportunities for professional development.
Our last Ofsted inspection was in June 2017 where we were described as Outstanding in all areas and we pride ourselves in maintaining these high expectations at all times.
Pitmaston Primary School is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Please submit applications to: email@example.com Unfortunately, due to the current COVID-19 situation we are unable to offer school visits within the school day.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd October 2021 at noon.
Interviews will take place during the week beginning 1st November 2021.