Fostering Administrator - West Bromwich
Salary £18,525 raising to £18,640 after successful completion of probation and mandatory training
37.5 hours per week
West Bromwich B70
We are seeking to recruit a full time administrator to join our Sandwell Fostering team and provide valuable support for St Christopher's fostering operations in the region.
Our vision is for every child and young person to be safe, loved and happy, to achieve their potential and have a bright future.
St Christopher's is a leading charity for children and young people and we are proud of our history for providing fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative leaving care services across the UK & Isle of Man. We have a passionate commitment to our young people, placing them at the centre of everything we do. We provide positive life experiences for young people who are unable to sustain a placement in their parental or foster home.
We are an equal opportunity employer and keen to develop an inclusive workforce were people feel they belong. We hope to attract applications from under- represented groups including people from different cultures, nationalities, socio economic backgrounds, ages, disabilities, religion, faith, sex, orientation, child care responsibilities and with gender diverse identities.
St Christopher’s Academy
At St Christopher`s we can provide more than just a care job. We can offer you a career where you can develop your skills and knowledge while making a difference to young people’s lives.
When you join St Christopher’s, we will set you up in your career with a tailored development plan. Whether you want to move across to a different service, become a Manager or just explore further your current role, we will support you to map out your career trajectory and help you achieve your professional ambitions. If you want to learn more about St Christopher’s Academy, please click visit our website.
We are proud that 84% of all our Team Leaders, Deputies and Managers are internal promotions.
About the Role
As Administrator, you will provide closely administrative support and assistance to the Fostering Team and to establish and maintain effective links and professional relationships with colleagues including Supervising Social Workers, Support Workers, Foster Carers, Panel Members and other agency services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and updating information systems, both manual and computerised
- Completing statutory checks
- Processing payments and invoices
- Coordinating training activities.
Applicants should have:
- Possess significant experience in a secretarial or admin role.
- Have strong literacy and numeracy skills and attention to details.
- Commit to delivering excellent customer service
- Have ability to develop sound professional relationships
- Be flexible, reliable and a good communicator.
In return we offer:
- Salary £18,525 raising to £18,640 after successful completion of probation and mandatory training.
- Competitive pay and reward structure offering salary progression based on performance.
- Tailored career development plan through our “St Christopher’s Academy”.
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
At St Christopher’s we are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care. During the recruitment process you will be expected to complete an online application form to ensure we capture essential information to meet legislation, best practice and vetting requirements.
Applicants will ideally already be on the DBS Update Service; if this is not the case St Christopher's will carry out a DBS (police) check prior to starting.
Your online application must include a supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification. For the full Job Description and Person Specification click here
For more information or assistance during the application process, please visit our website.
Closing date: 28th October 2021
We advise to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this opportunity might be filled before the stated closing date.