Post: Experienced Social Worker - Adult Social Care West
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Salary: Grade 7 LPP 23 – 28 (£36,922 to £41,881)
Essential: A minimum of 2 years post qualifying experience in Adults plus evidence of career progression (eg ASYE, Practice Educator, BIA, AMHP, or supervising others).
Previous applicants need not apply.
An opportunity has arisen in the City of Wolverhampton for a full-time qualified Social Worker in the West Locality Team who has experience of working with adults and their carers. Social Workers who have experience of working with people who have a learning disability are particularly welcomed to apply.
Wolverhampton Adult Social Care has implemented Three Conversations methodology which is now fully embedded in our practice. The successful applicant will join a busy but supportive team. We are seeking a highly organised and flexible full-time Social Worker. Adult Social Care experience is essential as well as good communication and technical skills to provide an efficient, effective, and professional public and partner link.
The job involves:
- Preventative work and connecting people to their communities.
- Completing Care Act 2014 assessments and arranging support for people with short and long term social care needs.
- Direct contact and working with individuals, carers and families to promote independence and achieve the best outcomes for people in the community.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the social work teams and alongside service providers, police, health colleagues, voluntary partners and commissioners.
The successful applicant will also:
- Complete complex long term work including applications to the Court Of Protection.
- Be fully committed to promoting customer wellbeing, independence and reablement.
- Be committed to working with safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- Be willing to embrace new challenges.
- Be confident with responding to demands when on the Duty rota.
- Be able to work with colleagues in a multi-disciplinary manner and ensure person centred planning.
- Have good communication and IT skills.
- be proactive, organised and have a flexible approach
In return we will offer you:-
- Regular formal and informal supervision.
- opportunities for regular reflective practice
- Opportunities to enable professional development.
- The opportunity of working in a supportive, and innovative team.
- An opportunity to be creative and flexible in your work
- Agile working
If you wish to further enhance your practice and be part of a solution focussed and creative team, please join us.
For further information about the post or an informal discussion, please contact Balbir Hira or Kamla Leal on 01902 556083/01902 556083 for an informal discussion.
It is an essential requirement that applicants are registered with Social Work England in order to practice as a Social Worker. All applicants should note that this post will require an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment. This post is subject to new Mandatory Vaccination legislation.
Application forms/further details available from HR Shared Services, Civic Centre, St Peter’s Square, Wolverhampton WV1 1RT (01902 552345).
Closing date is 17th November 2021.
Interviews to be held week commencing 29th November 2021
JD & PS.pdf