Teaching Assistant Grade 2
Required as soon as possible until August 2022
31 hrs 15 mins per week (8.30am-3.15pm - Monday - Friday)
Nunnery Primary School is a successful, multi-cultural two-form entry school. We have a team of teaching assistants who work in a variety of ways supporting the teaching and learning of children.
We are seeking a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and well-motivated teaching assistant to join our friendly and hardworking team. Working under the supervision of the teacher, you will be responsible for supporting the pupils in the Early Years unit as well as working with small groups, providing 1 to 1 support for key children, delivering structured interventions within the Early Years unit and providing some lunchtime cover for children in Reception.
The successful candidate will need:
• experience working with children under 5 years old
• a high level of literacy and numeracy skills – GCSE English and Maths
• good organisational skills
• initiative and enthusiasm
• the ability to establish good working relationships with children, colleagues and other professionals
• the ability to motivate children to achieve their best and establish good relationships with their peers.
• a willingness to receive training / advice from other professionals, e.g. our Educational Psychologist
• First Aid qualification or willingness to be trained.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check and reference check. Nunnery Wood Primary School is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils.
Application forms are available on our school website.
Tel: 01905 354154, Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9.00am on Weds 3rd November 2021