Year 1 Class Teacher (Fixed Term Contract until Summer 22 - Maternity Cover), St James CE Primary
Year 1 Class Teacher to start January 2022
Salary: Teacher Main pay scale
Fixed term contract until the end of the summer term 2022 to cover maternity leave
Part time (0.8 – 4 days a week)
St James CE Primary School is a two form entry primary school with an inclusive, caring ethos. Staff are committed to ensuring children get the best education they can and nurture and inspire all children to aim high.
If you think St James is the school for you, we would love to hear from you.
We are able to offer a high-quality induction into a vibrant school.
The children want a teacher who is:
- Fun and hardworking
- Calm, firm but fair
- Challenging with the work they set
- Encouraging and helpful
- Able to give personalised feedback when they are stuck
- A good listener who will sort out problems
Staff and Governors need:
- Dedicated, resilient and motivated teachers
- The ability to provide an inclusive and stimulating classroom environment
- Quality First Teaching to ensure accelerated progress
- Excellent classroom and behaviour management skills
- Be able to cater for the needs of all pupils, including SEN and Pupil Premium pupils
- Energy and commitment to going the extra mile for the children
- Flexibility to learn new assessment systems
What you can expect from us;
- Dedicated, hardworking and caring team
- High quality CPD through school
- The chance to try new ideas
- Wonderful children who are eager to learn
We strongly suggest you call to arrange an informal visit.
St James CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and clearances, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and barred list checks.
The closing date for applications is Friday 19th November at 12 noon with interviews scheduled for Wednesday 23rd November 2021.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
This post requires a Children’s Barring List Check. If you are barred from working with children you are breaking the law if you apply for this post
To apply, please download an application form below or by emailing or telephoning the school for an electronic application pack. Applications should be returned to the school via email (email@example.com) or by posting to the school address for the attention of Mrs L Barrett, Business Manager.
Please ensure application forms are signed if sending via email.
If you are successful in being short-listed for interview, you will be contacted via email within 28 working days of the closing date. Please ensure you check your junk/spam boxes as well as your inbox incase any correspondence has been delivered there.
Hours: 27.5 hours per week
Grade: Teachers Main Pay Range (MPR1 £25,714 - MPR5 £36,961).
Location: St James CE Primary, Wolverley Crescent, Oldbury, West Midlands B69 1BG
Closing Date: Friday 19 November 2021 at 12:00 noon
Interview Date: Wednesday 23 November 2021