Temporary Level 2 Learning Support Assistant
Salary £3,631 to £3,704 p.a. (pay award pending)
Temporary Level 2 Learning Support Assistant Vacancy, until 22nd July 2022
Breakfast Club Leader: 7.20am to 9am Mon-Fri Term Time - 8.35 hours weekly
38 weeks per year.
St. Kenelm’s is a small village school in a beautiful rural setting. We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated learning support assistant to join our hard-working, friendly team in our Breakfast Club in addition to working mornings within school.
We are looking for an LSA who:
- Design/Plan activities for children in the primary age-range to undertake during Breakfast Club.
- Will support children with selecting/eating their breakfast and clearing away afterwards.
- has experience of working within the Primary age range (experience of working with children with additional needs would be advantageous).
- understands the principles of children’s development in the Foundation Stage, and Key Stages 1 and 2
- has high expectations in terms of children’s behaviour and engagement with activities.
- is willing to contribute positively to the life of the school and its community
- can work effectively as a team member
- NVQ Level 2 qualified or equivalent (this is a requirement of the role)
- Is happy to be a Designated Safeguarding Lead during Breakfast Club.
We can offer you:
- a warm, friendly school with fantastic children who enjoy learning
- a supportive, caring and fun team of staff and governors who aspire to offer the very best learning experiences for our pupils
- a creative wraparound care environment which provides exciting opportunities to meet the needs and interests of our learners
- excellent opportunities for further professional development
Please note that completed applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and supporting all staff. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to take responsibility for the wellbeing of all pupils within our school. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check, provide 2 appropriate references and undertake a successful medical check (if required) prior to taking up this position.
Further details including an application form are available to download from the school website.
Tel: 01562 710 214, Email: Tracey Roe
Closing Date: 2nd November at 9am