Home Improvement Agency Surveyor
Job Title: Home Improvement Agency Surveyor
Hours: 37 hours
Salary: HC07 £25,481 to £29,577
Closing date: 2nd December 2021
Interview: w/c 13th December 2021
The “You at Home” Home Improvement Agency (HIA) is based within Herefordshire Council’s Adults & Communities Directorate and provides a front line customer focused service for the provision of advice, grant funded adaptations, essential repairs and minor adaptations for adults and children living in their own homes.
The team comprises an essential part of the Independent Living Services, which includes Occupational Therapy (Equipment and Adaptations) and Telecare staff, and as such is well placed to work closely with a range of other colleagues involved in supporting people to remain living safely at home.
Following promotion of one of our current post holders we now have an opportunity for another surveyor to join our friendly and committed team. We are looking for someone with experience of working with vulnerable people and a sound working knowledge of building regulations and housing grants criteria, along with a qualification in building construction or surveying.
The main purpose of the job will be to provide a comprehensive surveying service to vulnerable households within the county, mainly in relation to the provision of Disabled Facilities Grants, but also with regards to undertaking risk assessments under the Housing, Health and Safety Rating System.
Within the role surveyors are also responsible for assisting with the administration of the award of the relevant grants and provision of technical advice and support to home owners who may wish also wish to undertake their own adaptations or repairs. The ability to use computer based drawing and database packages is essential for this role.
In return we will offer
• 25 days per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service plus Bank Holidays and2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Provide access to a high quality programme of evidence-based learning and development to enhance skills and practice
• Regular 1:1’s and development opportunities
• A generous relocation package for eligible candidates
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Denis Scerri on 01432 261893
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: firstname.lastname@example.org