Clerk to Governors
2 days left
What you’ll be doing:
A Clerk’s responsibilities include:
- Attending governing board meetings and committees
- Attending termly briefing sessions for governance updates and professional development
For each governing board meeting you will be required to:
- Work effectively with the chair and headteacher prior to each meeting to prepare an agenda taking account of the Entrust recommended agenda
- Distribute papers within agreed timescales
- Advise the governing board on governance legislation and procedural matters
- Prepare accurate minutes of governing board meetings, indicating who is responsible for any agreed action to be submitted within agreed timescale
- Record decisions accurately and objectively with timescales for action.
What we’re looking for:
- Willingness to travel to schools as required
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- IT literacy
- Outstanding administration skills
- A background in the field of education is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of school governance is desirable but not essential.
Entrust Governor Services is a national provider of clerks for school governing boards and academy trusts, with a rapidly expanding client base and an excellent reputation for service quality. To meet the growing demand for our services we are recruiting additional staff. We have a number of vacancies for clerks in Staffordshire and the West Midlands.
We are looking for both experienced clerks and new entrants to the profession, who feel they have the required skills and attributes. Full training will be provided for those who require it.
What’s in it for you?
- Full accredited training and support provided where needed
- Work in term-time only
- A competitive salary £13.98 per hour (hours negotiable)
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 55,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you’ll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.