About the role
This vacancy is for an 18-month fixed term in the role of Project Officer. The role will work across a high-profile transformation programme that aims to achieve better outcomes for adults and families across the city.
Providing support primarily on an Adult Services change project, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and effective Project Officer carrying out day to day activities to ensure that projects and programmes are successfully managed using the corporate project management methodology.
We are seeking experience of working within a project environment at all stages of the Lifecyle and a track record of building and maintaining good working relations with key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be working within the vision and outcomes set by the service and the transformation programme. All project activity will be centred around objectives and measurable improvements.
Working alongside the wider Projects and Programme team and Adults Transformation team, the successful candidate will be fully supported in their role.Benefits:
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Remote/office working
- Buy annual leave scheme
- WV Active Corporate membership
- Great rates on ethical savings and loans through Wolverhampton City Credit Union
- Passion and interest for supporting projects that improve outcomes for the most vulnerable across our city
- Professional approach to project management and project support
- Organised and proactive
- Experience across the project lifecycle
- Good communicator
- Thorough understanding of planning, risks and issues
- Understanding of good governance, particularly within a political environment or when working with external partners and funders
- Credibility and flair
- Highly motivated, resourceful and resilient
- Knowledge of similar children’s projects and programmes in an advantage
For more information contact Emma Cleary firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
Project Officer Job Description and Personal Specification.docx