HR & Health and Safety Officer
HR & Health and Safety Officer
Options for Life, Oak Green Lodge, Oak Way, Oldbury, West Midlands, B68 8LR. Regular travel will be required to all premises from which Options for Life operates. Once established following government guidelines working from home will also be an essential part of the role
25 hours per week, to be worked flexibly to include some evenings and weekends, according to the needs of the service.
£26,500 pro rata (£17,666)
Head of Operations
- To oversee the management of the administration team for HR and H&S. This team is responsible for the internal processes and procedures which underpin the day-to-day work of Options for Life. These include human resources, health and safety, Facilities and maintenance.
- The HR and Health and Safety Officer will liaise with our external consultants for Health and Safety/ Human Resources and advise the Head of Operations on all compliance matters relating to these.
- Support Options for Life to deliver our core services in line with our Business Development Plan.
- To work closely with Service Delivery Manager and wider team to ensure efficient and effective communications across the organisation.
- To work with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and implement plans to deliver the organisation’s business objectives.
- To work with the Senior Leadership Team, develop and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation framework
- To work with the Senior Leadership Team to improve the service offer post COVID and ensure future sustainability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the key point of contact for our HR consultants.
- To provide support in all areas of HR, relating to sickness monitoring, induction processes, recruitment, disciplinaries, training and development, staff surveys etc
- Updating of HR related policies and procedures
- To ensure business procedures are understood, kept up to date and implemented by Business Support Team, including volunteers working within the team.
- Lead teams through the transformation of the organisation in line with Options for Life’s 5 Year Strategy, national and local policy and commissioner’s expectations, supporting the CEO, SLT and Board of Trustees in delivering this.
- Review internal processes to ensure compliance with regulations and legislation through robust management of human resource processes
- To contribute, review and manage elements within the organisation’s annual Business Development Plan working with the wider management team.
- To ensure we are delivering a high-quality volunteer recruitment and placement service.
Health and Safety
- Be the key point of contact for our Health and Safety consultants.
- To provide support in all areas of Health and Safety, relating to council contracts, internal processes, risk assessments, compliance, internal audits etc
- Updating of Health and Safety related policies and procedures
- Review internal processes to ensure compliance with regulations and legislation through robust management of health and safety processes
- To be the lead on the Health and safety staff forum.
- Ensuring outstanding administrative support across all areas of the business.
- Have a detailed knowledge of front-line delivery and how this meets the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Continuous improvement of back-office processes and systems to increase efficiency and quality.
- Working with the Service Delivery Manager and Support Team Managers, collate monitoring and reporting documentation required by funders.
- Monitor and evaluate service delivery and take any action as required and agreed to ensure ongoing development and quality.
- To develop and strengthen networks and partnerships working with key stakeholders and partner organisations to progress the aims and objectives of Options for Life.
- To work with members of the management team to ensure projects are thoroughly planned from the proposal to evaluation always adhering to quality standards.
- Providing professional support to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Promote effective communication throughout all levels of the position holding regular meetings with teams and individuals.
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team to develop and deliver Options for Life’s new offer of provision.
- To make a significant contribution to ensuring that our participants (adults with learning disabilities and/or Autism) are supported by Options for Life.
- Contribute to the strategic development of Options for Life and be aware of the local and national policy regarding adult social care and services for adults with learning disabilities and/or Autism.
- To support and advise managers to achieve projects/tasks set which ultimately leads to moving the organisation forward.
- To promote Options for Life, its services and activities to participants, carers, other agencies and the general public. To contribute to the wider business development and positive reputation of Options for Life.
- To work to ensure continuous quality improvement and service excellence.
- To accept support, supervision and guidance from senior colleagues.
- Undertake such duties as may be required commensurate with the level of responsibility and nature of the job in discussion with your line manager.