£17,842 - £18562 pro rata and term time
George Dixon Academy, City Road. B17 8LF
Working 12 hours per week - hours to be confirmed
You will assist in the basic preparation of food and refreshments, which may include some cooking and cleaning of the kitchen/dining rooms and kitchen equipment.
Your duties will include the preparation of dining rooms including the erection and dismantling of dining room furniture where necessary.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
As General Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- To be aware of pupils needs , dietary and allergen requirements,.
- Willing to attend training sessions, online and in the classroom.
- To assist with keeping the kitchen clean.
- assisting with all aspects of food service, tidy, washing up and mopping of the floors.
- good people skills.
- good team player.
- Good verbal and written communication Skills.
- Experience in a similar environment.
- Hold an up to date Food Safety Level 2 Certificate.
- A can do attitude.
- Experience in a similar catering environment.
For further details please contact Diane Blick by e-mail on email@example.com
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.
JD and PS