Solihull Active Health Trainer
We are seeking an experienced Health Trainer who is passionate about working with children, young people and their families to run programmes that encourage permanent and continued healthy lifestyles choices.
Working on Solihull Active's family weight management programme 'Eat Well Move More’, you will deliver motivating 1:1 and group programmes in community settings with empathy and enthusiasm. You will also work closely with school nurses, dieticians, Public Health's parenting team, Solar and other partners, to help encourage and support behaviour change.
Possessing a relevant qualification, you will also have:
- Knowledge and experience of planning and delivering fun and engaging sessions to children, young people and their families.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to advise and influence behaviours and forge trusting relationship with clients
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to meet set objectives, targets and deadlines.
In return we can offer you the opportunity to join a dynamic Solihull Active Team and make a real difference to the lives of children and young people across the borough.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10-days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including staff discounts, subsidised travel passes and Cycle 2 Work Scheme
Solihull Council are currently working towards a blended way of working and this post will a combination of office based working, working in community and working from home.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Sadie Walker, Senior Active Health Officer on 0121 704 8079
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date: Tuesday 14 December 2021.
Please note - The interview for this post will include delivery of a practical session, for which preparation time will be given in advance.
Please be advised that due to COVID-19, Solihull Council are keeping its recruitment processes and approach to face to face interviews under review and therefore alternative methods such as video conferencing may be required. Candidates who are selected for interview will be informed and advised accordingly.
This post requires the following Disclosure and Barring check: DBS Enhanced Children.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification