Learning Support Assistant (maternity cover) - Ref: TV48621
Castlefort JMI School
Castlefort Road,Walsall Wood, WS9 9JP
Learning Support Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Salary: G4 SCP 006 (£13,107 per annum)
Start date: 5th January 2022 / End date: 22nd July 2022
Hours: 28.75 hours per week
Monday to Friday: 8.45am – 3.15pm (with 45 minutes for lunch)
Purpose of the job:
To work under the instruction and guidance of the teacher/SENDCO to support a pupil in Year 1 with an EHCP.
- To plan, resource and deliver ability-appropriate learning activities and experiences
- To complete observations and assessments of the pupil’s progress and development
- To liaise with school staff, parents and external agencies on a regular basis
Essentially, you will:
- Have at least NVQ Level 2 in teaching assistance or equivalent
- Have strong, personal literacy/numeracy skills (GCSE English and mathematics or equivalent)
- Have experience of supporting and working with pupils who have SEND
- Have experience of working in EYFS and/or KS1
Ideally, you will:
- Have skills in/experience of speech and language programmes
- Have skills in/experience of supporting children with social and communication difficulties
- Have an understanding/experience of supporting children with autism
For more information and an application form, please speak to Jo Wilson (Headteacher) or our office staff.
Closing date: Monday 29th November 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 1st December 2021
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people / vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check along with relevant employment checks.