2 days left
Salary Range: L16 to L20 £61,166 to £67,364
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Telephone Number: 0121 464 1676
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: 1 January 2022
We want to appoint a great Deputy Headteacher to join our school.
“Hamilton School is an extraordinarily happy and calm place where, from very low starting points and sometimes difficult previous experiences, pupils make exceptional strides in their learning and in their personal development…It is an exciting place to work”
Are you hardworking, flexible and enthusiastic and want to help lead our dedicated and committed team where all staff and governors share a total commitment to providing pupils with the best education possible? Hamilton School is a friendly, welcoming school with a supportive staff team where your professional development will be nurtured. Please look at our website and, in particular, the document, “What We Stand For” before deciding whether or not Hamilton School is the right place for you.
Successful candidates will:
• have a desire to work with students on the autistic spectrum with the aim of transforming lives
• be willing, and able, to work effectively with all of our students on a daily basis
• have a good knowledge of autism and a willingness to learn more
• be an enthusiastic, hardworking professional who can motivate and inspire children
• be punctual, reliable and have a real sense of perspective
• have high expectations of themselves and others and be committed to raising standards in teaching and learning
• demonstrate drive, ambition and openness to learning and personal development.
• be an excellent team player and role model and be able to work collaboratively with all school staff. You will be part of a large class team and the need to be able to work well day in day out with other adults in a complex environment is essential
• be flexible to the needs of the school with an “I can do attitude” and willingness to move classes on different days to meet the needs of the school
• be “radiators” who bring energy and positivity to the school
• have a commitment to safeguarding our students
We can offer you:
• an opportunity to have a very fulfilling and rewarding job
• the chance to transform lives and make a vital contribution to society
• a school where ‘doing the right things’ is always the aim
• a hardworking and supportive staff team
• a welcoming, active and supportive Governing Body
• a highly supportive Senior Leadership Team
• excellent coaching and opportunities for professional and career development
• a very well organised school including well established school systems and practices
Closing Date: 29 November 2021, 9am
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 8 December 2021
Download an application form and details or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0121 464 1676
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.