5 days left
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
We are looking for a pool of exam invigilators, the purpose of the role is to invigilate examinations following documented processes, procedures and regulations to ensure examinations are run in a secure, confidential and suitable environment. To ensure both students and the Academy comply with regulations. To ensure all students have a consistent experience of examinations
- To invigilate examinations following documented processes, procedures and regulations to ensure examinations are run in a secure, confidential and suitable environment.
- To ensure both students and the Academy comply with regulations. To ensure all students have a consistent experience of examinations.
- To lay out examinations with relevant examination materials as directed by the Line Manager.
- To assist students entering the examination room.
- To record attendance/absence from the examination by completing examination registers.
- To ensure identification checks are correctly carried out.
- To report all student queries on examination papers to the Line Manager.
Good literacy/numeracy skills are essential along with good general education.
Familiar with the JCQ instructions for conducting examinations would be desirable.
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification. We encourage you to get in touch with any questions.
To apply please follow the link:
West Walsall E-ACT Academy
An 11-18 academy in Walsall resolutely focused on improving the life chances of all our students and inspiring them to reach their full potential.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
· Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
· Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
· Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
· A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work
Located just eight miles from Birmingham and six miles from Wolverhampton, Walsall is home to two E-ACT academies in Reedswood E-ACT Academy and West Walsall E-ACT Academy.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 25 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
In return we offer the chance to work with amazing people and inspirational pupils, as well as a great salary and sector -leading work -life balance arrangements.
Find out more at www.e-act.org.uk
Please read the supporting documentation carefully before completing and returning our application and equal opportunities form.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.