Headteacher - Fordbridge Community Primary School
£69031.00 - £79167.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
32.5 Hours per Week
Due to the retirement of our highly regarded Head Teacher, the Governing Board are seeking to appoint a motivated and inspirational leader, with vision, drive and passion, who will continue to build on the school’s success and will lead the school community through the exciting changes ahead.
Fordbridge Community Primary School is a 2-form entry plus school (up to 600 pupils, inc. Nursery) with extended childcare and community facilities, located in a new building, in North Solihull. We are currently in the process of developing proposals to form a new multi-academy Trust with three local primary schools.
We are a highly inclusive school, committed to providing a nurturing, safe and vibrant setting that provides a stimulating and challenging environment in which all children feel valued, can develop a belief in themselves and find enjoyment in their learning. We have high expectations for all members of our school community and have an excellent reputation for the continuous professional development of staff.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who:
• Is a strong, dynamic leader who will support the Governing Body and staff in implementing any future changes.
• Is passionate about teaching and learning – believing in the potential of every child and putting their well-being and development at the heart of every decision.
• Understands the importance of an aspirational and challenging curriculum in improving outcomes for pupils in an area of high deprivation.
• Has a strong commitment to the principles of inclusion and will champion the needs of all our children.
• Can build on the huge progress and achievements that the school has already accomplished, meeting future challenges with innovation and creativity.
• Demonstrates strong leadership, management and organisational skills and has excellent inter-personal skills.
In return we can offer:
• Happy, engaged pupils who enjoy coming to school.
• Supportive Governors who are dedicated to continuous improvement and are committed to your professional development and well-being.
• Hardworking staff who are dedicated to ensuring each child fulfils their potential.
• A highly effective and experienced senior leadership team.
• Opportunities to work collaboratively with our family of local schools, including Unity Schools’ Alliance and the North Solihull Collaborative.
• A caring school community that is built upon our golden values of respect, resilience, being reliable and being responsible.
If you believe that you have the energy, passion, skills and experience to be the Head Teacher at Fordbridge Community Primary, we would love to hear from you.
If you wish to have an informal conversation regarding this position, please contact the Chair of Governors via the school office. Our website www.fordbridge.solihull.sch.uk and twitter page (@fordbridge2013) provide a good introduction to our school. You are also very welcome to visit our school; this can be arranged by contacting the school office on 0121 779 8040 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Monday 29th November 2021 at 4pm.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 1st December 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified on Thursday 2nd December.
Interviews will be held on Monday 6th December and Tuesday 7th December 2021.
Applications are to be returned by email to: email@example.com. Late applications will not be considered.
Fordbridge Community Primary School has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and Safer Recruitment checks.
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.