Pastoral Support Officer – Heads of Year - The King's Church of England Academy, Kidsgrove
3 days left
Required from January 2022
Pastoral Support Officer – Heads of Year
37 Hours per week
Grade 5, SCP 6 - 9
- £19,698 - £20,903 FTE – Actual Salary £17,030 -£18,480
Term Time Only (38 weeks + 6 days)
The Governors of The King’s CofE Academy are seeking to appoint a Pastoral Support Officer to work alongside the Heads of Year to support students with their personal, social and emotional development, in order that they realise their full potential both inside and outside the academy.
If you are looking for a new challenge and are a friendly and hardworking professional who is able to demonstrate initiative and work effectively as part of a team, we would welcome your application.
We are looking for someone with:
- A relevant qualification (NVQ 3 minimum) or experience of working with pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds
- A passion for securing the best outcomes for young people
- The ability to work effectively with, relate to and earn the trust of young people, families and carers
- A positive outlook with a sense of humour and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, at all levels
- The ability to use their initiative and be flexible
- A desire to play a full part in the life of the school and the local community
Further details are available from the school office and informal visits to school are most welcome.
Completed applications for this post should be returned directly to the school by email/hand/post, addressed to Miss M Till (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the closing date below.
As a Church of England academy with a strong Christian ethos, the Governors particularly welcome applications from candidates who are able to uphold the Christian ethos.
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 30th November 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 6th December 2021
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands.