LEVEL 3 TEACHING ASSISTANT WITH AT LEAST LEVEL 2 BRITISH SIGN LANGUAGE
TA3, points 7-17 plus SEN allowance
Start date: January 2022 - Linked to a child
Monday 8.30am to 3pm (30 minute lunch break)
Tuesday 8.30am to 3pm (30 minute lunch break)
Wednesday 8.30am to 3pm (30 minute lunch break)
Hours may increase in the future
We wish to appoint a confident, self-motivated, enthusiastic teaching assistant (Grade 3) to support a child within our school-based nursery.
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSE English or maths-or equivalent
• Minimum level 2 British Sign Language
• A commitment to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of the children
• Evidence of continued professional development
• Experience of supporting a child with a hearing impairment
• Experience of working co-operatively with parents and other staff members
• Experience of using both the indoor and outdoor environment to enhance learning.
• A friendly face who can relate warmly to children
• A commitment to inclusion, having high expectations and supporting the progress of a pupil whatever their needs.
• Highly independent, organised, committed, reflective and resilient
• Effective communication skills
• Able to use own initiative to respond to unexpected problems
• A good team player who is professional, honest and loyal.
• Able to be flexible and open to change
• A commitment to developing own learning development
• An understanding of how to monitor and track the progress of pupils
A commitment to the full life of the school is expected and in return the successful applicant will be welcomed and supported by a friendly team.
Harvington CE First & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to recognise and share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: 9am Friday 3rd December 2021
Interviews: 9am 10th December 2021