Teacher Support Assistant
St Joseph’s Catholic Academy is seeking a hardworking, dedicated Teacher Support Assistant to work in Key Stage One. The successful applicant will:
- work under the direction of the Class Teacher and SENCO to provide in class support and deliver interventions to targeted individuals
- have the ability to adapt and personalise learning activities
- have the highest expectations of all children regardless of ability
- build relationships effectively with individuals, groups, parents, colleagues and outside agencies
- be able to work under direction and using their own initiative
- have excellent communication skills both verbal and written and have experience of communicating with outside agencies
- understand the complexity of children with additional needs
- be creative, flexible and patient
- have some knowledge and/or experience of working with pupils SEND
St Joseph’s has a strong community feel and is committed to continual improvement and encouraging and enabling every child to succeed. We offer an experienced staff team and friendly, well behaved children who love learning.
This position is permanent, term time only for 15 hours per week (Monday – Friday) with the possibility of increasing to 25 hours in the future.
Actual salary £6683.00
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school. Please email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
St Joseph’s Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
The post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
To apply please email the school firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack