Job title: Family Practitioners
Location: Burton – East Staffordshire
Salary: Grade 7 - £23,541 - £27,041 per annum + car user allowance
Working Pattern: 37 Hours per week | Full time | Part time | Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options with you
Game changing support.
Although we’re already rated as ‘Good’ by OFSTED, we’re determined to uphold the highest standards and drive continual improvement and learning. That’s why we’ve recently gone through an exciting transformation, underpinned by a restorative practice model, which focuses on keeping families together through a community-based approach. If you’ve not worked in this way before, don’t worry – we’ll give you full training to bring you up to speed.
Working with us means collaborating across our different teams, and sharing best practice, knowledge, and experience to continually improve the way we do things. Support is important, as we work in a big county with some diverse challenges – but together we can meet all kinds of needs and demands.
Our Family Practitioners
Our Family Practitioners are key workers for the children and families we support. In this role you’ll be:
- leading on early help assessments and plans
- working together with social workers to support children in need, children on child protection plans and children in care
- contributing to parenting assessments,
- supporting mediation, crisis prevention, conflict resolution and Life Story Work
- supporting on the completion of accurate documentation, reports and records relating to work you do with children, young people and their families
And through all this great work you do, you’ll be supporting children and families, with a restorative practice approach, helping them stay together where possible.
What you’ll bring
You’ll need to:
- Have an NVQ Level 3 related to working with children and families OR relevant experience working with children and families
- Be flexible with working hours as there will be occasions where evening work may be needed, and we’d need you to work 1 in every 7 weekends
- Have a current UK driving licence and vehicle
But above all, you’ll bring the desire to work with children and families to give them the right support, at the right time with the aim of keeping families together where it’s safe to do so.
Our benefits & offer to you
We know you’ll want to continually develop in your role and potentially progress your career and that why we have created a great training and development opportunities ensuring your individual growth here at Staffordshire.
Plus, there’s also all these other benefits too:
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 8 bank holidays and 2 extra statutory days) depending on job role and length of service. That’s a minimum of 34 days annual leave.
- Essential car user allowance £963 per annum
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave per year
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts
So, how do I apply?
Just click on the ‘Apply’ button.
If you do have technical issues please contact email@example.com and the team will help you.
Closing Date: Tuesday 7th December 2021
Interview Date: asap following closing date
Our recruitment process
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
How will we store your details?
By submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities. As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.