Development Officer - Ref: EX06321
Walsall Black Sisters Collective
Please note that this is a vacancy advertised for an external organisation - please do not contact Walsall Council for information.
25 hrs per week £29,250 pro rata
PURPOSE OF JOB: To implement the strategic vision, development, and sustainability of the organisation
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To fundraise and ensure funding to develop and bring stability to the organisation and its objectives. 2. To work towards the charity becoming a CIO
3. Assess current service delivery to ensure it is fit for purpose.
4. Developing new services relevant to today’s needs.
5. Capacity building to strengthen the skills of the Board, building its strategic strength and leadership role.
6. Capacity building of staff and volunteers to strengthen the skill base and confidence.
7. Explore income-generating opportunities for WBSC to become self-sufficient
8. Consistently seeking views of the wider community, service users, and carers.
9. Continue to map community needs and identify gaps in services to ascertain how needs have changed after Covid 19.
10.Review the promotional aspect of the organisation.
11.Review our membership procedure and make any necessary changes that will increase membership.
12.Develop new partnership links and strengthen the existing partnerships.
13.Any other duties as directed by the organisation.
▪ Have a knowledge of capacity building and organisational development
▪ Have a knowledge of governance and structures within charities
▪ Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
▪ Have good experience of writing successful funding bids
2 Years Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 7th December 2021
If you are interested in the above vacancy please contact us for an application pack or send you CV to the details given below:
Mayfield Community Centre, 17 Wednesbury Road, Walsall, WS1 3RU Telephone No: (01922) 616996 Email:email@example.com Website: www.walsallbsc.co.uk