Male Independent Sexual Violence Advocate
Male Independent Sexual Violence Advocate- Worcestershire
(Between 21 and 37.5 hours, negotiable upon appointment, £27,539 pro rata)
WMRSASC has a vacancy for a Male Independent Sexual Violence Advocate
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the nature and impact of sexual violence and experience of working with victims. They will be required to work within a multi-agency setting to provide a pro-active service to female and male adult survivors of sexual violence within and outside of the criminal justice system to:
- Develop and deliver a non-therapeutic advocacy and support service to clients aged 5 upwards, this role will involve supporting adults and children.
- Help clients to access appropriate therapeutic interventions and to develop their own support network
- Where necessary provide emotional, practical and advocacy support through the Criminal Justice System
- Monitor and keep clients informed of case progress if involved with the Criminal Justice Process
- Provide information about the impacts of sexual violence and signposting to specialist support services
- Maintain a caseload and accurate electronic records
- Support clients to access their rights
- Identify barriers that may prevent male clients from accessing specialist sexual violence support
- Develop an understanding of local and regional communities to improve referral pathways for male clients
- Contribute towards service development
- Participate in individual clinical supervision, appraisal sessions and team meetings.
- Attend training relevant to the ISVA role
- Support the wider WMRSASC services as and when demand requires
The post is based in Worcestershire, however the post holder will be required, at times, to provide support to clients in Herefordshire to meet the needs of demands of the service.
Whilst this post is predominately working with adults there may be a requirement to support children and young people in response to meet service demands.
The post holder must have the ability to travel throughout Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Closing date for applications is 8th December 2021