Learning Support Assistant x2 – Grove Vale Primary
The Governors and Head Teacher of Grove Vale Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistant to work in our Outstanding Primary School. The role will involve supporting teaching and learning and being an integral part of the Grove Vale team.
You must be experienced in working with children in a school setting and holds a relevant level 2 qualification or equivalent.
Support to School
• Have contact and links with those with parental responsibility during the working day, as part of the normal consultative and educational process.
• Be aware of and maintain school policies and procedures.
• Preparation of rooms, equipment and displays.
• To promote high standards of behaviour throughout school in accordance with Discipline and Behaviour Policy.
• Support the ethos of the school.
• Maintain a safe environment.
Support to Teachers
• Deliver pre-planned programmes of work under the direction of a teacher.
• Undertake duties on a rota basis during mid-morning and mid-afternoon breaks.
• Assist the teacher with the supervision of pupils on school trips/visits.
• Keep materials and equipment in a tidy and safe manner.
• Liaise with teachers and other staff to obtain, exchange and record information on pupils in accordance with school policy.
This post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon, Friday 26th November 2021
15 Hours per week, term time only, fixed term until 21 July 2022 due to funding
Band B, SCP 2-4 £18,198-£18,933 pro rata (£9.43-£9.81 per hour) (actual £6,412-£6,671 per annum) plus a Living Wage supplement to £9.50 per hour, payable from 1 April 2021
Grove Vale Primary School, Monksfield Avenue, Great Barr, B43 6AL
Friday 26 November 2021 at 12 noon