Social Workers - Child Protection & Court Teams
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Social Workers to join
the Court & Child Protection Teams
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved. We’re smaller than our surrounding neighbours, but big enough to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support, as well as your career.
Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, the Trust is in the next phase of its improvement journey with a focus on six strategic priorities that will ensure that we continue to improve practice and improve outcomes for children and young people, create a stable, permanent and high preforming workforce working effectively alongside our partners.
To support the delivery of these priorities the Trust has considered how we can better configure and deliver services which promote practice improvement and create a culture where prevention and early intervention is considered at every level of the system with a sharper focus on thinking about and achieving permanence for children with their families, preferably within their own families.
The Trust has vacancies for Social Workers to join our Court & Child Protection Teams within the newly realigned Operations Service. Based in a locality model with a focus on good quality assessments and dynamic planning which deliver timely evidence-based interventions and the progress of pre-proceedings/care proceedings through to permanency planning, this service will strengthen partnership working with families in local communities.
We’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us, something that can grow as we mature, something that we can enhance to meet the changing demands of social care and most importantly…something we can all be proud of and make us feel right at home. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts and the 12 reasons to work for Sandwell Children’s Trust.
You will enjoy a strong sense of personal achievement by working with families using a strength-based model, which are relationship focused and trauma informed, to deliver positive outcomes for our children. But don’t worry, you won’t be on your own, because we’ll ensure you’re fully equipped and have the necessary support network that enables you to flourish and be the best you can be.
As a Social Worker in one of the Child Protection & Court Teams you will: -
- Work alongside the Assessment & Intervention Teams and be based in the same locality; these teams will respond swiftly when children’s needs are more acute, and risks are higher;
- Work in an organised and planned way to ensure timescales set by the Trust and the Court are consistently met;
- Produce reports for Court, write court statements, care plans and assessments in a succinct manner, demonstrating highly attuned skills in gathering, assessing and analysing key information leading to evidenced-based recommendations for children;
- Represent the Trust in giving evidence in Court.
About you: -
- You will need to have a recognised professional Social Work qualification and be registered with Social Work England;
- Have completed your ASYE programme;
- Be able to demonstrate experience of Court work;
- Have a good level of experience of working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load;
- Have a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions;
- Good knowledge of child development.
Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts…now all we need is for you to find your new home in Sandwell.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply please click on the 'Apply' button below.
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2021
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.