Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunitiesOur Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
Housing with Care is a domiciliary care service that provides care and support to tenants living in single or double tenancy occupied premises belonging to Citizen Housing Group.
We are currently seeking to appoint support assistants to join our dynamic and forward-thinking Housing with Care Team.
You will provide direct personal care and support to tenants in accordance with their needs and agreed care and support plans. This will be done in a dignified and respectful manner ensuring the maximum wellbeing of each individual and ensuring the rights of the tenant are upheld and promoted at all times, assuring the principles of choice, dignity, respect, privacy, empowerment, and fulfillment.
The roles are on a fixed-term contract basis.
Two posts of; 22 .5 hours for 12 months and 18 hours for 6 months.
To undertake training and acquire appropriate qualifications, as required by relevant registering bodies and the City Council to enhance and improve personal development.
To work shifts on a seven day rolling rota between the hours of 7.00am and 10.00pm to include alternate weekends and bank holidays.
All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to the City Council's Health and Safety Policy.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will:
- Ideally, you will either have a Diploma 2 or equivalent (NVQ 3 in Social Care).
- Have a good knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Be able to work with management to ensure that all Service Users’ needs are being met to support their individual outcomes.
- The ability to use own initiative and respond flexibly to the needs of Service Users promoting dignity, respect and choice at all times.
- Have the ability to assess service user needs, record and maintain records both paper and electronic and monitor accordingly, to communicate and liaise with Service Users.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks