Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub Support Officer
Role: Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub Support Officer
Location: Lindum House, Stone
Salary band: Grade 5 - £19,698- £20,903
Working pattern: Full time | Part time | Flexible working – we’re happy to discuss options
Contract Type: Permanent
37 Hours per week
Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent’s all-age Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub is a semi-virtual partnership between six key public sector organisations, covering the county of Staffordshire and the city of Stoke-on-Trent. The partnership triages concerns and facilitates good quality information sharing for timely decision making to safeguard families.
The Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) is recruiting a Support Officer who will play a critical role in supporting effective day to day running of the hub’s safeguarding partnership teams and their shared facilities. The Support Officer will work across the partnership, providing impartial and flexible support.
About the role
The Support Officer will undertake a variety of business support type activities such as:
- Supporting partnership team leads with monitoring and managing resources
- Supporting the development of a performance management framework, policies and processes
- Providing training, induction and advice for the partnership’s systems and processes
- Servicing meetings, including child protection conferences and partnership governance meetings (sending invites, minuting etc.)
- Monitoring shared facilities and health and safety in line with legislative requirements
What do we need from you?
For this role you’ll need to be flexible, have good organisational, information technology and analytical skills. You will need to be able to balance competing demands in a busy multi-agency setting.
Importantly you’ll also have:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Five GCSE grade C or 4 or equivalent including English and Maths
- Level III/IV in Business Administration
- An IT qualification equivalent to the competency level of ECDL
or if you don’t have business administration or IT qualifications, relevant experience in a similar role is fine.
This role offers a great development opportunity to become established in public sector partnership working and enhance a variety of skills. If you’re thinking of applying but just need a bit more information please get in touch with the recruiting manager email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you!
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
This position is subject to Police vetting and clearance will be required for the successful candidate prior to a formal offer being made.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 3rd December 2021
Interview Date: 9th or 10th December 2021 (to be confirmed)
For more information about the role please contact: Vicki Holt (email@example.com)
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts