Performance Manager (ESF) - Internal Only
Please note: we are working hard to create a space for our employees to search and apply for jobs within the Combined Authority. Until this time, we are publishing 'Internal Only' jobs externally. This role is only open to employees of the West Midlands Combined Authority.
Productivity & Skills are looking for a Performance Manager (European Social Fund) to join them on a secondment for up to two years. You will be responsible for providing contract management, performance management and implementation of the deliverables for the effective delivery of the ESF Find Your Future Project across the West Midlands.
Productivity & Skills, the employment, education and skills arm of the West Midlands Combined Authority is committed to ensuring that every resident can reach their potential and that business growth is accelerated through access to a skilled workforce. We focus on improving skill levels, tackling poor connectivity and increasing employment opportunities. We help more people access high quality training and employment opportunities, increase skills levels in priority growth sectors and create a responsive regional skills system that provides people with the skills to sustain good jobs and careers.
What will you be doing?
- Performance management of the ESF Find Your Future Project and other Productivity & Skills programmes
- Build and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders both locally and nationally, such as Managing Authority (DWP), Commonwealth games Organising Committee as well as colleges, community organisations, local authorities and training providers
- Deliver and manage effective and robust processes that meet the conditions of funding agreement
- Manage the contract management arrangements with the provider base including project changes, underperformance or contractual disputes
- Ensure project risks are highlighted, feeding into the management, and action plans put in place were deemed necessary
You will need to demonstrate in your application how you meet the essential criteria as outlined below and the job profile.
- Proven experience of working in the employment, skills or education sector, with a knowledge of a variety of funding streams
- Ability to provide visible and supportive leadership to maximise the opportunities of West Midlands residents to access the opportunities created by Commonwealth Games and Coventry City of Culture
- Proven experience in managing and monitoring performance effectively and setting clear objectives for review and delivery
- Demonstrable experience of working in a collaborative or partnership-based context
- A detailed understanding of funding policy, commissioning, contract management and payment models for ESF
- Understanding of the political processes and experience of managing politically sensitive issues both at a strategic and local community level
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and manage competing priorities whilst delivering on a broad range of projects and adapting to changing circumstances and priorities
- Credibility within the employment, skills and education sector which will command the confidence of key stakeholders, staff, the local community, public and private sector partners and fosters a positive reputation for the WMCA
About your application
The online Application Form you'll be asked to complete plays a key part in our recruitment and selection process. We use the information you provide to decide whether to invite you for an interview. It is important that you complete the Application Form as fully and accurately as possible. You will be asked to upload a Supporting Statement (not a CV) and this should include specific examples which demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria for the role for which you are applying.
If you would like to discuss alternative methods to the online application as a reasonable adjustment please contact the Resourcing Team by email (email@example.com).
Performance Manager ESFJD.docx