Inclusion Assistant (Churnet View Middle school)
1 day left
18.5 hours per week - temporary until 31/08/2022 - Term time only
Churnet View Middle School is an excellent 9-13 age middle school set in the beautiful surroundings of the Staffordshire Moorlands and at the heart of the community. Part of The Talentum Learning Trust, Churnet View Middle School offers exceptional opportunities for staff development and experience across other key stages and post 16 education.
A vacancy has arisen for a part time Inclusion Assistant to join our expanding team, with effect from January 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful and highly supportive team. We are a growing middle school with a strong commitment to raising levels of attainment through a creative approach to the curriculum. We can offer a dedicated, friendly and hardworking team of staff and governors. As a school we place an emphasis on an enriched curriculum through extra-curricular clubs, first-hand experience and exciting events each term.
We require an experienced and highly skilled professional to join our friendly inclusion and cover team. Key responsibilities include working as part of our pastoral and inclusion team, offering strong behavioural management skills and support to pupils to overcome barriers to learning and short term cover supervision.
We can offer you;
• a friendly, supportive staff
• a positive and caring ethos
• eager and interesting children
• fast paced and varied role
In return the successful candidate will have;
- experience in working to support pupil learning needs gained in a school environment
- well developed behavioural management techniques and demonstrate a variety of strategies in the classroom
- very good literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to GCSE and above
- a recognised qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 3
- a natural rapport with children and enjoy supporting them with their needs
- good organisational and communication skills
- the ability to work constructively as part of a team and on own initiative
- have a flexible approach to work and be prepared to undertake a wide range of tasks if required
This is a great opportunity to join an excellent school at the heart of the local community with the potential for additional hours or permanent employment subject to funding. This position could be linked with a part time Teaching Assistant position currently advertised to create a full time post.
Churnet View Middle School Leek Staffordshire ST13 6PU
Visits to the school are welcomed with strict COVID19 secure policies in place. We also encourage you to contact the school with any questions or to discuss the post.
For further details please contact Mrs S Burgess, Bursar on 01538 384939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Application forms are attached or can be downloaded from the school website https://cvm.ttlt.org.uk/
An application form and supporting letter should be emailed for the attention of Mr S Fryer, Headteacher c/o email@example.com by the closing date
12 noon on Friday 3rd December 2021
Interviews will be held wc 6th December 2021
The Trust is an equal opportunities employer committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and these positions are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974