Staffordshire University Academy - Teacher of Maths
4 days left
Staffordshire University Academy
Teacher of Maths
MPS, UPS, TLR can be negotiated
Start date: negotiable
Staffordshire University Academy is a rapidly improving academy, as recognised in our most recent Ofsted report. We are seeking to appoint an innovative and ambitious teacher of maths who can enthuse, motivate and challenge students in a wide range of learning activities up to KS5. We are committed to continually improving the quality of teaching and learning. We have access to high quality facilities and resources and work within a strong team structure that allows best practice to be shared. Staff benefit from a positive working environment, with strong support for professional development. The successful candidate will join a team of friendly and supportive colleagues who want to achieve the very best for our students.
This opportunity would suit an ECT, or a colleague with a couple of years’ experience in the profession, with a passion for maths and looking for a new challenge. Our excellent induction programme will ensure you become an even better practitioner and will help develop career long skills. We have a relentless focus on improving the standards of teaching and learning across the academy and would like to appoint a candidate who has the vision and desire to develop these areas to support improving the outcomes of our students.
Do you have:
- High aspirations and a track record of delivering effective lessons where students are able to make at least good progress
- A passion for working with young people to make a difference to their lives
- A desire to ensure all groups of students are suitably motivated and challenged
- The desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement
- The ability to use and apply technology in lessons to support teaching and learning
In return we can offer:
- Genuinely exciting career development opportunities
- A team of supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
- Excellent facilities
- A robust and responsive CPD programme
- Robust induction programme
- Innovative approach to staff well being
For more information and to download an application pack please visit our website: www.suacademy.co.uk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack. Alternatively contact Claire Simpson on 01543 224 654.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Wednesday 1st December 2021
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions if shortlisted.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide